AltheaDx currently has an immediate opportunity for an Automation Engineer/ Senior Research Associate. This individual’s responsibilities will be focused on PCR related instrument automation and automated liquid handlers, to support assay and product development for GLP and Clinical use.
- Recommends and implements hardware and software solutions to continually improve throughput, performance and, costs of laboratory processes and workflows
- Collects requirements and specifications, develops, optimizes and validates protocols on various automation platforms
- Researches latest technologies and build vendor relationships to identify appropriate solutions to increase productivity
- Evaluates and incorporate human factors into process and interface design and validation
- Modifies and adapts standard lab automation instruments or software configurations to meet custom needs or requirements
- Works in a team environment to build and integrate automated systems
- Trains users to operate and maintain equipment and systems
- Maintains and troubleshoot robotic equipment
- Performs qualification and validation using DNA extraction, real-time, and endpoint PCR.
- Provides technical and theoretical support to testing staff within area of specialty
- Automates data transfer to and from instruments
- Administrates automation hardware and software within the context of process and change control in a regulated environment
- Suggests improvements to existing methods and procedures
- Offers approaches and troubleshooting to solve technical problems
- Reliably follows and writes well defined validation protocols and SOPs
- Prepares complex and detailed reports
- A Bachelor Degree with 7+ years’ PCR/molecular biology related industrial experience or a Master’s Degree with 4+ years’ experience.
- Detailed knowledge of PCR assay development and validation at clinical level, previous experience with Tecan automation, and a minimum of 3 years proven experience in PCR assay development and validation is required.
- Experience with lab automation and associated programming is required. Familiarity with regulatory guidance on analytical testing and clinical molecular biology lab working experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply technical concepts to assay development methodology; detail oriented and strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, and as a team member; ability to follow detailed directions in a laboratory environment.
- Schedule flexibility to support operations and to work around production schedules for instrument development and maintenance is desirable.
Please send resumes and salary history to email@example.com and put the title in the subject line.