Customer-facing role actively and consistently supports all efforts to streamline and enhance the customer experience. Responsible for all incoming telephone calls and emails pertaining to customer support, account management, report status and other PGx product inquiries.
*Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5-8 years previous customer service experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or other scientific industry. A minimum of 2 years directly supervising or managing a team of direct reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages a cross functional team of customer service and data entry specialists.
- Interfaces constructively across a multidisciplinary team including clinicians, sales, billing, etc.
- Interfaces in a positive manner with patients and clinician customers to address their needs and provide information concerning our clinical services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of scientific articles and information in support of clinical services.
- Assists with billing questions including patient responsibilities and procedures.
- Understands, communicates and complies with regulatory guidance
- Communicates customer feedback to executive team
- Responsible for all incoming phone calls for test results, information on diagnostic products, and miscellaneous requests from clients, physicians, patients, and sales representatives.
- Talks with customers by phone or email and responds to customer questions and/or requests for information including billing, order status, delivery status, etc.
- Verifies and/or updates accuracy of patient demographic information
- Understands diagnostic test methodologies and result interpretation. Ability to communicate test assay specifics with their implications regarding patient results to medical office staff, physicians and patients.
- Knowledge of all sales and marketing materials and scientific articles in support of diagnostic products.
- Enters and maintains client information in Sales database.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical products and ability to recognize adverse event notifications.
- Provide pre-authorization and appeal information to physicians and patients.
- Monitor, interpret, and effectively communicate up-to-the-minute changes in product availability, customer scripting, public relations dynamics, and order processing procedures;
- Use diplomacy and appropriate empathy in addressing customer inquiries including researching and communicating order status
- The CSR must be able to professionally and consistently service a diverse customer base while employing specified phone communication techniques
- Perform miscellaneous customer service tasks including communicating customer feedback, handling payment authorization issues, maintaining customer accounts, performing customer callbacks, and providing miscellaneous documentation
- Diagnose and re-direct non-Customer Service callssupport all functions of clinical studies, from assembly of subject folders, maintenance of Trial Master File, monitoring and data management.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 5-8 years previous customer service experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or other scientific industry. A minimum of 2 years directly supervising or managing a team of direct reports.
- Must be well-spoken, knowledgeable and possessing of exceptional written communication skills as demonstrated by a mastery of grammar, spelling, vocabulary and punctuation in all written correspondence.
- Proven track record in providing the highest level of customer service in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with consistent customer focus.
- Fast learner who excels at self-direction and is able to manage competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with strong research and organizational skills.
- Takes initiative to learn company organization, compliance standards, policies and procedures.
- Displays competency, patient advocacy and business professionalism at all times.
- Must have strong PC computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook. Prior experience using general office equipment, such as multi-line phone system or document scanner, is a plus.
- Must maintain the highest professional and ethical standards in conducting day-to-day business.
- Adheres to all HIPAA compliance regulations, business and professional ethics, and confidentiality and privacy regulations as outlined in the Corporate Code of Conduct and AltheaDx Employee Handbook.
Represents the company in a positive, customer-centric attitude when interacting with internal and external business associates, patients, healthcare professionals and other business entities.
Please send resumes and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the title in the subject line.